FAQs

Is it difficult to get Copper Cover installed?

No – our mobile team will have handles and fixtures coated in minutes. They work quickly and don’t interrupt the any standard activities.

How long does it last?

The coating is a permanent process. We coat pure copper using a special process which forms a bond strong enough to withstand everything but sanding. It will last for as long as the fixture itself.

How long does it take to dry?

The coating is a dry process. No solvents or paints are involved and the fixtures are ready as soon as they are coated.

Does it get dirty?

Like all metal it will be effected by muddy or greasy hands. Copper will also naturally patinate and change colour. This does not effect the action of copper on bacteria and microorganisms but some don’t like the look. We supply mild cleaning agents which will shine it right back up in seconds, which generally is done every few weeks.

Would hospital grade cleaning agents damage the copper e.g. chlorine?

Copper is a metal, and copper handles have been used for centuries without issue as it is highly resistant to any corrosion. Even aggressive compounds such as chlorine have no effect, after all chlorine is used in most water supplies and fails to damage copper pipes so the proof is there.

Does it keep killing?

Copper is a continuous disinfectant. Once applied it will start immediately and keep killing for as long as it is there. It is the only permanent disinfectant we know of which is effective and yet inherently safe to use.

How long does it take to kill? Is it immediate?

No disinfectant kills immediately. All bleaches and heavy toxic chemicals will take time to kill. The time will depend on the number of organisms present and copper is no exception to this but copper will kill as quickly as most other disinfectants and certainly within minutes.

Is it safe?

Copper is one of the only truly safe disinfectant methods known to man. Copper is an essential element – you need it in your diet to stay health but it is lethal to bugs. The worst you will ever do is bang into a coated fixture by accident. It is completely safe.

I’ve seen other products on the market, what makes this better?

It’s cost effective, permanent and requires no re-coating or additions once applied. It’s chemical free, safe and lasts.